Friday, January 7, 2011

Let Us Not Become Weary


Do you ever feel like ”throwing in the towel?” Maybe you have spent years praying for a lost loved one to come to Christ, yet success seems as far away as the day you first began.

 
Or do you ever feel like withholding your giving so you can satisfy some want? After all, you labored all week and you want to go out and blow some money.


I do not know about you, but I have been there, done that. Oh how times I have set my eyes on something, go buy it, just to realize it is not cracked up to be what I thought it was. Then, to reimburse my wallet, the thought of withholding my giving comes to mind. I have to say, “Wait a minute, what’s wrong with this picture?” I also have loved ones who are not saved. I have been faithful in prayer and sharing Jesus with them, yet they remain uninterested. I begin to wonder “why bother?” The temptations are strong, but look at what God promises if we do not lose heart.


6 Let him who is taught the word share in all good things with him who teaches.
7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. 8 For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life. 9 And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. 10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith. (Gal 6:6-10 NKJV)

 Lord, give us the strength that we “may not grow weary.” Help us to “press on,” for we trust, in due season we will reap, if we have not given up. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Imagine 100 years from now, we are praising God in heaven, our loved one comes to us saying “You were faithful, God heard your cry, and I am here!” Then, someone else came to you and saying “you were faithful, the Lord blessed, and I am here!” We can be sure, if we do not lose heart, we (and many others) will be eternally grateful.


Photography http://www.heartlight.org

9 comments:

  1. Amen! May I never become weary of doing good. God has a plan and everything happens in His timing. I want to remain faithful to the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ken, Just happened onto your site and i really love it. You are so right on this one. What really matters except the kingdom of God? Everything else is perishing. The days are dark but we must not grow weary. Our God is coming back soon for us!!

    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ken appreciate you sharing! Amen. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading this post gave me strength! Thank you for sharing!

    God Bless you!!!

    Lon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Lon for visiting my post and leaving your comment. I am pleased to hear the Lord used this post to give you strength. God Bless you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, Ken. Thanks for stopping by my blog! In regard to fasting, you can do it! It is hard, but it is definitely symbolic of putting the flesh to death. I still have not decided how I am going to fast just yet, but I know I want to. It does take some preparation, physically, mentally, and spiritually, so that you are fasting with purpose and not just going hungry. ;) By the way, I LOVE Galatians 6:9. It's one of my favorite verses. Thank you for bringing it to my remembrance today. I needed it. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amen and amen. It is easy to get wearied.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amen! Thank you for that encouragement brother!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ken, Thanks for this encouragement. I have been praying for some family members for decades and it seems like they have become bitter instead of better. I will hold on to that picture of seeing them in Heaven, and them being glad that I kept on praying. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in spam, I have enabled comment moderation. Any spam messages will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.