Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Revelation 2:12-13


Revelation 2:13 NKJV



12 “And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write ‘These things says He who has the sharp two-edged sword: 13 “I know your works, and where you dwell, where Satan’s throne is. And you hold fast to My name, and did not deny My faith even in the days in which Antipas was My faithful martyr, who was killed among you, where Satan dwells. Revelation 2: 12b-13 NKJV

We too may be be living where Satan dwells. For example, at work one might be pressured to compromise, or even deny their faith. In the church which Jesus spoke to here, there are some who did compromise. How about you and I, are we keeping the faith, or not?

The Compromising Church
12 “And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write,
‘These things says He who has the sharp two-edged sword: 13 “I know your works, and where you dwell, where Satan’s throne is. And you hold fast to My name, and did not deny My faith even in the days in which Antipas was My faithful martyr, who was killed among you, where Satan dwells. 14 But I have a few things against you, because you have there those who hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balak to put a stumbling block before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed to idols, and to commit sexual immorality. 15 Thus you also have those who hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate.[a] 16 Repent, or else I will come to you quickly and will fight against them with the sword of My mouth.
17 “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give some of the hidden manna to eat. And I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written which no one knows except him who receives it.Revelation 2:12-17 NKJV

3 comments:

  1. Oh may I be found standing firm in Him.

    May He give me the strength to do so.

    Great message, Ken. GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ken,
    In lower BC, there is a Christian University, Trinity Western University. They have an amazing program where you can study law and become a full lawyer or study science and transfer over to University of British Columbia to become a doctor. They have wonderful Biblical studies that must be taken along with your degree of choice. Right now, Ontario has denied a working licence anyone graduating from TRU's law program because of the school's agreement of students must not be in a homosexual relationship while in school. I am very interested to see what TRU will do. Will they hold to the teaching of Scripture or will they deny their faith. I am wondering where they will dwell.

    Thanks for sharing this Scripture, how important for us Christians to know where we are dwelling.

    Blessings,
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ken; it has been a long time my friend. I have moved over to http://refinemelord.com/ where I hope you will visit!

    This is powerful scripture; believers will experience great pressure to compromise or leave the faith. Standing firm against the strong pressures and temptations of society is never easy, but the alternative is deadly! We must stand firm!

    Blessings!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in spam, I have enabled comment moderation. Any spam messages will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.